by Team AllYourVideogames | Dec 16, 2022 | Technology | 0
What to do when you forget iPhone passcode? Don't remember your iPhone passcode? Here are 4 solutions to unlock and remove iPhone passcode
What to do when you forget iPhone passcode
Setting a secure iPhone passcode is a way to prevent others from accessing your information and apps without your permission. However, although a 4 or 6 digit passcode is not that big, with so much information in everyday life it is very easy to forget your iPhone passcode.
When you forget iPhone passcode, you can solve it by completely erasing iPhone with iTunes/iCloud. Another solution is to remove iPhone lock using powerful third-party software.
So, here are the solutions for you who forgot iPhone passcode and need an effective solution to unlock and regain access to your device.
Solution 1. Unlock iPhone by emergency screen
Many users ask if it is possible unlock iPhone by emergency screen. In fact, what you get with iPhone emergency screen unlock is limited access to some features like dialer, contacts list and accessing photos. Furthermore, only possible on iOS 6.1 or earlier, so if you're on a newer iPhone, skip this solution and move on to the others below.
- On the iPhone lock screen, swipe to unlock. When prompted for a password, type in any random password (maybe you're lucky and it's your password, who knows?), but it's not what you need. After entering and showing error, cancel unlock screen.
- Again, swipe to unlock. Now, instead of entering a password, tap on the “Emergency” option.
- Hold the On/Off button until the slider appears on the screen. Tap “Cancel” and the taskbar at the top of the screen will change to light blue. If it doesn't, repeat the steps above.
- On the emergency screen dialer, dial any emergency number, such as “112”, “192” or “190”. Tap the call button and immediately tap “Cancel”. Press the power button and release it so that the iPhone screen turns off.
- With the iPhone screen off, press the “Home” or “Power” button to turn the screen back on. Then swipe to unlock the screen.
- Hold the “On/Off” button for 3 seconds and tap “Emergency” before the slider appears on the screen. After that the iPhone will be unlocked.
Final report: It is important to remember that, as this is a bug that has already been fixed by Apple, this solution only works on iOS 6.1 or earlier.
Solution 2. Erase iPhone Password via iTunes
When you can't remember iPhone passcode but I had previously synced that iPhone to your computer and made a backup through iTunes, you can erase iPhone passcode just by restoring it with iTunes, here is what you need to do:
- Make sure the latest version of iTunes is installed on your computer. Then, using the cable that came with the iPhone, connect the iPhone to your computer.
- Click the iPhone icon on the iTunes screen and go to the “Summary” tab. Look for the “Backups” section and click “Restore Backup”.
- You may now be asked to enter your iTunes account details. You need to use the iTunes account you used to set up the iPhone.
- In this step you must select the backup you want to use to restore iPhone. Usually the most recent backup is the best option, but you can choose as you wish.
- Click “Restore” after selecting backup, then iTunes will restore iPhone settings and data.
When iTunes completes the restore, do the initial setup and get back to using your iPhone.
Solution 3. Remove iPhone Password using iCloud
When iPhone is locked and you can't remember password, you can remove iPhone password using iCloud. This method is easy to use, but it requires you to remember your Apple ID account to access iCloud.
- Open https://www.icloud.com/find and log in using the Apple ID account you used to set up “Find My iPhone” on your iPhone.
2. After successful login, click “All Devices” and select iPhone.
3. A map will be shown and on it the current location of the selected iPhone (if connected to an internet network). Click on the iPhone icon and then click “Erase iPhone” to erase all iPhone data and password.
After you erase your iPhone via iCloud, your iPhone will restart and you will need to set it up again. During the initial setup, you can restore iPhone data using iCloud backup.
Learn more: iPhone Installments: How to buy with boleto or in up to 22 installments
Solution 4. Unlock Idle iPhone Password without iTunes or iCloud
If you forgot your iPhone password, the iTunes solution will only work if you have previously synced your iPhone with your computer, while the iCloud solution only works if “Find My iPhone” is activated. An alternative to iTunes and iCloud is the Tenorshare 4uKey software.
Tenorshare 4uKey is a software designed to solve the life of those who forgot iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch password. With 4uKey you can:
- Remove 4-digit/6-digit passcode, Touch ID and Face ID or any iPhone screen lock;
- Remove Usage Time Code;
- Ignore screen and remove profile from Remote Management;
- Remove Apple ID from iPhone/iPad/iPod without password;
- Fix disabled iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch without iTunes or iCloud.
So now that you have seen a summary of the main advantages, check out how to use Tenorshare 4ukey to unlock iPhone passcode:
- Download and install Tenorshare 4uKey on your computer. Then launch the software and click on the “Start Unlocking” option.
- Using the USB cable that came with the iPhone, connect the iPhone to the computer and the software will automatically detect it. Then click on “Start”.
In case the iPhone is not detected by the software, the screen will show the steps you should follow to put the iPhone into “Recovery Mode” or “DFU Mode” for it to be detected.
- After the iPhone is detected, you will see the screen asking you to download the latest firmware package compatible with your iPhone. You can choose a folder on your computer to save and then click “Download” to start downloading.
- When 4uKey has finished downloading the firmware package, click “Start Removing” and 4uKey will start removing iPhone passcode.
Keep your iPhone connected as long as necessary, the iPhone passcode removal process may take a few minutes.
- A screen will be shown indicating that the iPhone passcode has been successfully removed. So now you can set up your iPhone as new by setting a new passcode, Touch ID and Face ID. In addition, you can also restore iPhone from a backup, which you can select during the initial setup.
As seen in this article, if you forgot your iPhone passcode, there are several solutions to remove your passcode and get your iPhone back to use again.
If you have an iPhone with iOS 6.1, you can bypass the lock and access some features, in all other versions of iOS and iPhone you can remove the password with iTunes or iCloud and, if you are looking for an easier and faster way to remove the iPhone password, Tenorshare 4uKey is the most recommended solution to remove all kinds of common locks from iPhone/iPad and iPod Touch.
Tenorshare Christmas Carnival up to 40% off and 100% get a free gift