To put a password on WhatsApp, you don't need to download anything on your iPhone or Android phone. The chat app itself allows you to block access to conversations after a certain period of non-use. To unlock, simply use fingerprint or facial recognition, depending on your smartphone model.
Next, we show you how simple it is to activate password protection and not let anyone mess with your WhatsApp.
On the iPhone
1. Open WhatsApp and at the bottom of the screen tap settings;
2. Then go to Counts;
3. now play Privacy;
4. Choose Lockscreen;
5. Activate the switch next to the option Request Face ID ou Request Touch ID;
6. Finally, choose the downtime period for WhatsApp to request facial recognition. The options are Immediately, 1 minutes, 15 minutes e 1 hour.
Ready! Password lock is already set.
1. Open WhatsApp and tap on the three dots icon in the upper right corner of the screen. In the menu that opens, go to settings;
2. Follow your body, you Accounts;
3. Now, tap Privacy;
4. Scroll the screen and choose the option Fingerprint lock;
5. Activate the key next to Unlock with fingerprint;
6. Touch your cell phone's fingerprint sensor to read it;
7. Finally, set the time for which the app can be active without asking for a fingerprint reading. You can choose Immediately, after 1 minute ou after 30 minutes.
Ready! From now on, only you will be able to open WhatsApp.
My phone doesn't have a fingerprint reader
If your phone doesn't have a fingerprint reader, you can use apps that add password lock to other apps, such as WhatsApp.
Here, we will use the program AppLock, available for free for Android.
1. Once installed, open AppLock and draw an unlock pattern;
2. Repeat to pattern to confirm;
3. Answer the security question to help you recover your password if you lose it. confirm in Done;
4. To make the process easier, the app will open a screen where you can check all the apps you want to protect with a password. Keep WhatsApp checked and confirm at One tap to lock;
5. Then grant the requested permissions, including access to other apps;
6. If, by any chance, you want to add or remove any more apps to the list of password-protected apps, access the option AppLock. So enter unlock pattern created in step 1;
7. Scroll through the list of apps until you find the option you want. Tap on it and the lock icon will appear blue and closed when the program has the lock activated.
Now, try to open the chat app. A lock screen will appear, in which you must enter the defined pattern to be able to access the conversations.
On WhatsApp Web
WhatsApp does not offer a password lock feature to access the web version. But whenever the user scans the QR code in the browser through the mobile app, it asks for verification by fingerprint or Face ID.
If your phone doesn't have a fingerprint reader or face ID, there is an alternative. The AppLock app used above asks for the pattern before scanning the QR code.
Two-Step Verification: What's the Difference?
WhatsApp offers with an optional feature called two-step verification. Its function is to add an extra layer of protection by making it difficult to clone your account. The screen lock seeks to prevent third parties from accessing your conversations.
- Super Useful Screen Lock Apps for iPhone and Android
- How to track cell phone: learn to locate your Android or iPhone