Taking polls on Instagram is one of the tools offered by the social network to interact with its followers. The feature can be used both in Stories and sent by private message (DM).
teaches you how to create a poll, see who voted and how to share the result. Check out other ways to interact with your friends through the platform.
1. Open Instagram as usual. To create your story, tap on the photo camera icon at the top of the screen, on the left;
2. You can instantly snap a photo or record a video by tapping the center circle. Or use a file from the image gallery, accessible by the thumbnail in the lower left corner;
3. Content produced or chosen, tap on the icon that refers to a folded sheet to access more options;
4. so go on Survey;
5. Now, it's time to enter the question you want to ask. Remember that it needs to be a closed question, which can be answered with only two alternatives;
6. Below, tap Yes, and compose the first answer option. then go to No and write the second alternative;
7. End the poll with the check icon (✓) located in the upper right corner of the screen;
8. On the next screen, enter the editing feature you want, as you would in a regular story. The user can also change the size of the poll by pinching it with their fingers, as well as touching and dragging it to any region of the image. Finish publishing on your story.
Knowing the partial result of the poll and seeing who voted for which alternative is very simple.
1. Access the story you published by tapping on Your Story, on the Instagram home screen;
2. Tap on the thumbnail image of the people who viewed the story;
3. On the next screen, the numbers of votes that each option received are displayed and, below, the list of who voted. If you happen to want to know who voted for which answer, tap See voters. Then, select the option to see who chose what.
To share the poll result in your stories, just follow the same steps to see who voted. Note that on the same screen there is the button share results.
Then, go to your story to complete the publication.
To make a poll by private message, the user must follow the same process as to create a poll in Stories. However, in step 8, instead of going to Your Story, patch me Send to.
In the search box, type the name of the user you want to send the poll to. When viewing the profile, tap Send. Repeat the process if you want to DM the poll to more people.
After selecting all profiles, go to Conclude, which will appear at the bottom of the screen. When the person votes, the poll creator will receive a text message with the chosen answer.
In addition to polls, Instagram has other tools that allow you to interact with your followers. These resources are ideal for those looking for a closer relationship with these people in order to generate an identification strategy with their profile or brand.
We list below the main features of Stories. All of them, with the exception of the last item, can be accessed from the platform's resources tray, where the polls are also located.
In case you forgot, just tap on the camera icon in the top left corner of Instagram and then drag your finger from the bottom up on the screen. Then just tap on the desired item. Check out!
The questions feature, as the name implies, allows the user to create a box with a question that followers can answer with text. That is, there is no need to choose between options.
Note that, below the question box, there are two icons: one with the letters Aa and the other with a musical note. If you choose the second, the user can ask for song suggestions. Response from followers comes in the form of snippets of songs via Instagram's Music tool.
The test is another feature that provides more interaction on the social network. With it, the user can ask a question, include 4 alternative answers and mark one as correct. When voting, at the same time, the person will know if he chose the right option or one of the 3 wrong ones.
The rating is a kind of poll that can be answered by dragging an emoji along a line. The further to the right the face is, theoretically, the more intense the feeling of the answerer.
You can also leave the question blank to react to the shared image.
Another possibility to create proximity with those who follow your profile is to use filters with questions and challenges. Or post themed templates answering curious questions.
has articles that explain how to take the Siblings Quiz and the Couples Quiz. Also check out how to find the “hidden” filters on Instagram and make quizzes with templates and have fun in Stories.