FaceApp has a feature to change the gender in photos capable of transforming the image of a woman into a man (and vice versa) in seconds. The effect inserts or removes hair and beard, without the user having to edit the image afterwards.
shows you how easy it is to make the transformation and have fun sharing the result with your friends on Instagram, Facebook, TikTok or wherever you want.
To perform the step-by-step below, you need to download the FaceApp application on your Android smartphone or iPhone.
1. Open FaceApp and tap Allow to authorize the application to have access to your image gallery;
2. If you want to take a picture right away, go to Chamber. If you prefer to use an image from the gallery, choose Photos. The program automatically filters your photographs and displays only selfies;
3. After taking the photo or selecting the one you want to modify, in the Editor, patch me Genre;
4. Now, tap on the gender opposite to yours. Automatically, the app will do the transformation;
5. If you like the result, go to Apply;
6. If you want, you can apply other types of filters to the image, such as aging, background change, adjustments such as contrast and saturation, among other options. When finished editing, go to Save, at the top of the screen on the right;
7. The image is already saved. If you want to share the result on social networks, choose the icon of the one you prefer;
8. There is even the option to create a montage with your image as a man and woman side by side. For that, go to Before and after;
9. Then tap Save to save in the gallery or choose a social network to share.
In addition to FaceApp, there are other apps that promise to transform the user's photo into the opposite gender. We list other good free options that turn people into men or women in different ways.
Snapchat pioneered augmented reality filters and offers gender-specific options. To use it, you must have an account on the social network.
Then just swipe to find the My Twin filter, fit your face into the frame and shoot or shoot. The result can be published on the platform itself or saved on mobile and shared in other applications.
- Snapchat (free): Android | iOS
Face Changer 2 allows you to change your gender by merging your image with that of a person of the opposite sex. For this, you can use a photo from your phone's gallery or any of the images available in the app.
The results are not as realistic and there is no option for adjustments. Therefore, the app is a good choice for those who want something funny for their friends to laugh about.
- Face Changer 2 (free, with in-app purchases): Android
MSQRD is yet another app option with augmented reality filters that allow you to take photos or videos in real time. While it doesn't offer a specific gender change feature, there are some mustache and beard options for women to have fun with.
The experience is the same experienced in Facebook stories and Facebook Messenger chat. The app was purchased by the social network and the technology began to be used on the company's platforms.
- MSQRD (free): Android
MixBooth works in a similar way to Face Changer 2. Just add your photo and indicate where the eyes, nose and chin are. Then you can include the other person's image or use one already available in the app.
The app automatically blends the two photos and offers no editing options. The results may not be the most realistic, but they are quite funny.
- MixBooth (free, with in-app purchases): Android | iOS
- Amazing apps that will age you in photos
- Best hair cut and color simulators to change the look
- Best apps that change hair color in real time