by Team AllYourVideogames | Apr 22, 2022 | Shopping | 0
Companies like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+ e Globoplay are responsible for moving a large part of the Brazilian market. With the arrival of the pandemic and social isolation, the relevance of streaming services has only intensified.
“The relationship with time imposed by Covid 19 also boosted the experimentation factor, which brought us a huge number of new users and a new audience profile, with different behaviors”, reports the CEO of Telecine Our Country, Eldes Mattiuzzo. In our country, Telecine Play recorded a 400% growth in the number of registrations and a 100% increase in movies watched during the pandemic.
Another company that showed a considerable increase in audience was Rede Globo. In the 2022 edition, the reality show Big Brother our country hit the mark of 100 million hours of consumption by Globoplay, which meant an increase of more than 500% compared to BBB19.
Globoplay has been available since November 3, 2015 and has already become the national streaming leader in 2022, when it reached the mark of 20 million users. In the same year, the digital video-on-demand streaming platform was also recognized by the Caboré award in the category of best communication vehicle/media platform.
The streaming bet of the time is Disney+, a service that recently arrived in the country on November 17, 2022. So far, the newcomer has registered more than 73 million subscribers and is approaching the competitor Netflix.
Learn More: Netflix Documentaries: 5 Inspiring Productions on Entrepreneurship
Disney+ and Globoplay: How to access?
Access to Globoplay can be performed by computer, Android and iOS smartphone and tablet, Smart TV, Apple TV, Android TV, Elsys Devices and Chromecast. The latter is a device that allows you to mirror the contents on the TV.
Disney+ has a wider range of devices compared to the previous one. Regarding TV, the platform allows access through the following means: Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, LG TVs, Roku, Samsung, Computer, Chrome OS, MacOS and Windows PC.
For cell phones and tablets, the possibilities are: Amazon Fire tablets, Android cell phones and tablets, iPhone and iPad. In addition, it will be possible to access video games, they are: PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S.
Learn More: App has stopped working: what is it and how to fix it on Android?
Disney+ and Globoplay: How to hire?
To subscribe to Globoplay, just follow the steps below:
- Access the Globoplay page, choose between the annual or monthly payment option and click on the “Start now your 7 days free” button;
- Fill in the registration information, such as full name, CPF, date of birth, valid email and create a password;
- Inform the payment details, which will only be charged after 7 days of trial;
- Finish the registration and enjoy the content.
Disney+ subscriptions can be purchased on multiple platforms. Here you can see how to carry out this process from your PC browser:
- In the browser, access the Disney+ website;
- Select the item “Subscribe Now”;
- Enter your email;
- Agree to the subscription agreement;
- Enter a password of your choice;
- Choose the type of subscription (monthly plan or annual plan);
- Enter payment information and CPF;
- Select “Watch Now” option and enjoy all the movies.
Disney+ and Globoplay: What to watch?
Disney+ primarily offers films and series produced by The Walt Disney Studios and Walt Disney Television studios, such as Disney animation, live-action and Disneynature documentaries. The platform also features productions from Marvel, Pixar, Star Wars, National Geographic, Fox and Lucasfilm.
Learn More: Black Widow Coming to Disney+ and Theaters on the Same Day
The huge collection offers options for all tastes with blockbusters, classics and original releases. That way, you can find all these prestigious film productions in one place. Globoplay is a digital platform that does not focus solely on cinematographic productions. The options regarding movies are more limited, as most of the content is based on the broadcaster's programming.
Check out the options offered by Globoplay:
- Watch Rede Globo live online and all the programming at the time you want;
- Follow the soap operas that are on air so you don't miss any chapters and review old soap operas;
- See the entire catalog of series available on the platform, among original Globoplay productions;
- Watch great classics of Brazilian cinema, documentaries, biographies, award-winning films and new releases;
- Share the children's session with the whole family, with drawings, films, series and children's programs;
- Have 24-hour access to the BBB and interact with those excluded from the program in live chat;
- Watch shows with renowned artists.
Disney+ and Globoplay: features and advantages
- In terms of accessibility, streaming includes closed captioning, descriptive video service, audio description and audio navigation assistance;
- The platform also allows the use of up to seven users per account, with the possibility of broadcasting on up to four devices simultaneously;
- All platform content can be downloaded and then viewed offline;
- Disney+ streams in resolutions up to 4K Ultra HD in Dolby Vision and HDR10, with Dolby Atmos sound on supported devices;
- Classic movies are available in English, Spanish, French and Dutch, while Disney+ Originals feature additional language options.
- Subtitles and voiceovers are available in up to 16 languages and much of the content is available in Hindi, Tamil and Telugu on the Indian version, Disney+Hotstar;
- GroupWatch syncs Disney+ streams so you can watch it together with your friends and family through the app;
- Another feature offered is parental control, which allows you to restrict access to profiles and control the content available on each one, based on local ratings.
Disney+ has several features so that parents can be carefree about the content their children will watch. There are options such as defining a different rating for each profile so that the child only has access to content related to their age group.
There is also the so-called Children's Profile, which is a tab of the platform aimed at younger people, containing all titles with free indication classification. Ideally, children should navigate through this tab. Because of this, the Child Profile Protection feature was created. The idea of this tool is to include a question to make it difficult for the child to leave the child profile.
Learn More: What's Coming in April on Disney+?
- With the subscription through the Globoplay website, you get 1 year of Deezer Premium as a gift to enjoy your favorite songs even without Wifi and create personalized playlists;
- You can download the contents of the platform to watch when you are offline;
- Subscribers can also have access to other subscription channels such as Multishow, GloboNews, SporTV, GNT, Gloob and more;
- There is a combo option for football and entertainment lovers that allows you to watch all games through Premiere;
- You stay on top of BBB news and follow the most watched house in our country for 24 hours.
Disney+ and Globoplay: The union
In November 2022, the two companies closed an unprecedented partnership that gave rise to the Globoplay combo that offers Globoplay, Canals Globo and Disney+ content. It is now possible to subscribe to both platforms in the same plan and pay cheaper. In addition, you can use the same login and password to access both streaming services, despite operating on different interfaces.
If you are already a subscriber to the Globoplay Basic or Globoplay Ao Vivo plan, you can include the Disney+ service in our country in your package only by changing the plan. The amount referring to Disney+ will be added to your monthly fee, if it is the monthly plan. Payment for your subscription can be made with a credit or debit card and will start at R$37,90 per month.
Disney+ and Globoplay: Packages and services
Disney+ only offers two types of packages through the official website. The first would be the monthly subscription, which costs only R$27,90 and the other option is the annual subscription, whose price has dropped from R$334,00 to R$279,90. It is worth mentioning that this annual amount must be paid in cash and charges or taxes may apply.
Globoplay already contains 15 different packages for subscribers and some of them have variations that include access to Disney+. As there are many possible signature types, we will differentiate them more clearly below:
Now that you know what each of the Disney+ and Globoplay streaming services has to offer you, tell us: are you already a subscriber to one of these channels? What do you like most about each of them?