Transforming text into audio is very useful for people with some type of visual impairment to have wide access to content available only in writing. This type of tool, however, has also been widely used for those who need to gain time.
After all, with dictated content, it is possible to update yourself while driving or check a document during a physical activity, for example. There are options that allow you to convert text to MP3 without downloading anything, carry out the process on your phone, extensions for Chrome, among others.
How to turn any text into audio online
The Soar website allows you to turn any text into audio. To do this, you need to copy it from the source location and paste it into the service's text box.
The platform offers a free plan, which includes up to 7 pages (3 characters each) per month, with voice in Portuguese. If you want more pages and voices, you must subscribe to one of the available paid plans.
1. Access the Soar website and make a brief registration. If you prefer, log in with your Facebook user data;
2. Copy the text at the source location and paste it into the service's text box or write the content on the fly. Enter the document name in Certificate;
3. On the right side of the screen, indicate the text language, spoken by voice and audio speed;
4. Once your preferences have been selected, click Converter;
5. The content will be available in the tab Library. The user can listen to the content online, through the play icon or edit what was written in pencil;
6. If you want to download it, just go to Download MP3;
7. In the box that opens, select the folder where you want to save the file and finish the process in Save.
How to turn PDF or DOC files into audio online
The Zamzar website allows you to transform text files of different extensions, such as DOC and PDF, into MP3. All this online and for free. The only problem is that the reader only “speaks” in English. That is, only content in the language should be converted perfectly.
1. Access the website of the online file conversion service Zamzar;
2. Please click add Files and choose the text file available on your computer that you want to turn into audio;
3. now go to Choose Format and scroll down the list until you find the option MP3. Click on it to select;
4. so go on Convert now;
5. Wait a few seconds for the conversion to complete. Then click on the button Download;
6. In the box that opens, select the folder where you want to save the file and finish the process in Save.
How to turn text to audio on Android and iOS
Both Android and iOS allow you to turn text into audio natively. In both systems, the function is available as part of the accessibility tools.
1. open the app settings of Android;
2. Follow your body, you Accessibility;
4. tap on option select to listen;
5. Activate the key next to the item use service;
6. In the box that opens, confirm in OK;
7. To use the tool, open a text editor or a news item in the browser. Then, tap on the accessibility button, which will be located on the bottom bar of the system;
8. Then select the snippet you want to be read. Ready, the content will be spoken immediately.
1. Go in Settings;
2. then go to General;
3. Then, tap Accessibility;
4. Among the options that appear, choose Speech;
5. Then activate the switch relative to the option speak selection;
6. To use the tool, open a text editor or a news item in the browser. Then, select the section you want and, in the menu that appears, go to Speak. Immediately, Siri will tell you everything that is written.
How to turn text to audio in Chrome
The extension for Chrome Read Aloud: A Text to Speech Voice Reader brings to Google's browser the ability to turn texts into audios. The application is compatible with our country's Portuguese and is able to read the content of almost any website.
1. Go to the Read Aloud: A Text to Speech Voice Reader page on the Chrome Web Store and click Install;
2. In the message box that opens, go to Add extension;
3. Then the plugin logo will appear at the top of the screen. When you want the textual content of any page to be read, click on the icon;
4. An extra screen will open with the page text. The currently read passage is highlighted in yellow;
5. Use the control buttons to skip or resume a section, pause or stop playback.
It is not necessary to keep the tab of the page being read open. The extension continues reading the text even with the tab in the background.
Check out the 12 best extensions for Google Chrome
How to turn audio into text
If you need a program that allows you to follow the opposite path, that is, to transform your voice into text, there are no mysteries either. Google Drive documents offer the feature natively and that recognizes the phonemes of the Portuguese language very well.
To use, just open a Drive document and go to Tools. Then choose voice typing. For the service to start writing what it says, tap on the microphone icon that will appear on the screen.
The image will turn red and then just start talking. When finished, just click on the microphone icon again.
- How to enable dark mode in Google Chrome on desktop and mobile
Meet Hand Talk, Google's award-winning Libras translator