Bottling a server on Discord is a pretty straightforward process. These virtual robots are capable of performing certain actions on their own, taking on roles that would be the responsibility of channel administrators. For example, welcoming members, moderating content or just entertaining members with music and games.
The process of adding bots on Discord is basically the same on PC as it is on mobile. Check out!
1. There are several sites that provide bots for Discord. In this step by step we will use the Discord Bot List. Open your preferred browser and access the service's website;
2. The user can explore the site to see the most voted, the news or by categories such as Music and Moderation. When you find the desired bot, click on its name;
- If you prefer, you can also search by bot name in the search box, such as Loritta, GarticBOT, Groovy, etc.
3. Scroll the screen and tap the button Invite. You will be redirected to the Discord website;
4. If you are not logged into your Discord account, please log in. Then select the server you want to add the bot to and click Continue;
5. On the next screen, authorize or remove bot access to the actions listed. If the box next to it is checked, it means that you are giving permission for that option. Confirm on button Authorize;
6. Check the box next to I'm not a robot item to authenticate your usage;
7. Wait a few moments and the bot will be added to the indicated server. You will be able to find him among your friends on the server.
It is possible that you will be forwarded to the bot's official page to check out the tutorial and stay on top of the main commands.
And now, how to use the bot?
Bots are able to understand and respond to specific commands. Generally speaking, these commands consist of a symbol, such as + or !, followed by a word or expression, usually in English.
To find out which instructions to use, you must go to the bot's or its developer's website and look for the commands section. Loritta, for example, understands +akinator as an order to start the people guessing game.
Rythm starts playing the requested song if the user type !play followed by the name of the song. For example, if you type !play yesterday and press Enter, the bot will play the Beatles song. To stop, just type !stop.
Some bots allow you to customize the commands. The case of the MEE6 manager, for example, has a command center available on its own website.
How to take a bot off the server in Discord
Removing a bot on Discord is even simpler than adding it. With the right mouse button, click on the bot's name in the sidebar of your server. In the menu that opens, click Kick [bot name] ou Ban [bot name].
When banning, in addition to removing the bot, you can also delete your history of messages sent by it in the last 7 days or 24 hours.
More sites to find bots for Discord
In the above tutorial, we used the Discord Bot List website to search and add the bots to your Discord server. However, there are other options just as good that bring these apps together. Not to mention the bots' official websites, which also provide download links, in addition to the commands.
- Bots on Discord
- Discord bots
- Check out the best bots for Discord
- Best Music Bots for Discord
- Best gaming bots for Discord