Compressing videos to send via WhatsApp is necessary when they are larger than the size limit of 16 MB. According to the messenger, this corresponds to a file lasting between 90 seconds and 3 minutes. The time varies depending on the image quality.
If you want to send long content, you need to compress it until it is small enough. explains how to shorten an online video to WhatsApp on Android and iPhone. No need to download any apps.
How to compress a video for WhatsApp online
There are a few options of sites to reduce videos available. These services often work in a very similar way. We chose Clideo in our tutorial, as we consider it to be one of the most intuitive, in addition to delivering a better quality compressed file.
1. Go to the Clideo website and tap Choose file. If you want to use a file from Dropbox or Drive, tap on the arrow next to the button;
2. Choose the folder where the video is located and then tap on the movie you want to reduce;
3. The site will start the compression process, wait until it finishes. tap on Download to download the file to your smartphone. The video will be stored in the device's download directory.
In our test, the video was reduced by 80%. The uploaded content will have the website watermark in the lower right corner of the screen.
Other options to compress videos online
In addition to Clideo, it is possible to use other tools to reduce videos online and for free. Are they:
- Online Converter
How to transform YouTube video and send on WhatsApp
There are two ways to upload YouTube videos via WhatsApp: sending the link or downloading the content.
Share YouTube video link via WhatsApp
1. Open the YouTube app on the video you want to watch. tap the item Share, below the player;
2. Tap on the WhatsApp icon;
3. Select the contacts or groups you want to share the video with. The limit is 5 simultaneously;
4. Tap on the green arrow, which will appear in the lower right corner of the screen,
5. The link will appear in the message box. Tap on the green send icon to send.
How to download YouTube video to send on WhatsApp
Before sharing a downloaded YouTube video via WhatsApp, be aware of the content's reproduction rights. Many movies on the platform are protected by copyright law.
1. Open the YouTube app and go to the video you want to post. Tap Share, located below the player;
2. Among the options that open, go to Copy link;
3. Now, go to the Online Video Converter video download site and go to the option Convert a Video Link;
4. Paste the copied link in the indicated box. keep the option MP4 selected. If you want, you can change the video quality, which is kept as automatic by default, between 240p to 1080p. Then tap Start ;
5. Wait until the process is finished and go to Download to download the content.
The video will be stored in your smartphone's Downloads folder. If it's too big, just reduce the size, reproducing the steps taught in the first part of this article.
How to send videos on WhatsAppHow to send documents on WhatsApp
Sending a video via WhatsApp is quite simple. Just open the messenger and then the conversation you want to share it with. Then, tap on the clip icon, go to Gallery and tap on the desired movie.
If you want, include a caption or make the edit you want. Finish sending by tapping on the green icon of Send.
- Best free sites for transferring large files
- How to cut video on PC online free and easily
- Learn how to download and save audio from Messenger and send on WhatsApp
- How to create WhatsApp group link and send it to whoever you want
- Best pranks for WhatsApp Status and Groups