Reposting someone else's Story on Instagram is still not possible natively, but there are third-party apps that offer the feature for free. In addition, the social network already allows reposts of its own stories and those in which you were mentioned.
explains how to make each of them!
Attention: it is important to be aware of the content will share. Do not publish posts without the authorization of the authors and always give the proper credits.
How to repost someone else's stories on Instagram
Instagram doesn't let you repost other people's stories natively. However, there are a number of apps that let you download videos and photos from the platform and then share them however you like.
As there is no application that works for both Android and iOS devices, we have divided the tutorial by operating system.
1. Download the Story Save app. The app is one of the few that allows you to download stories from closed profiles, as long as you follow them;
2. Open the app and log in to your Instagram account. Rest assured that the login is not done on the application, but on the website of the web version of the social network;
3. The latest stories posted by those you follow and who have an open profile will appear in a list. Tap on the one you want to see;
- Alternatively, tap on the magnifying glass icon to search by username.
4. Open the photo or video by tapping on it;
5. To download, go to the option Download, at the bottom of the screen;
6. Now, open Instagram and tap on the icon of +, in the upper right corner of the screen, to publish the story;
7. In the menu at the bottom of the screen, tap on the option Story;
8. Tap on the square, in the lower left corner, to access the photos and videos on the cell phone;
9. See that the downloaded content will appear right at the top. Tap on it to add it to your story;
If the desired video or photo is not displayed, tap on the arrow next to Gallery and choose the folder Story saver.
10. Make the desired edits. You can insert texts, emojis, GIFs, stickers, make freehand drawings, among other options. We suggest that you tag the author of the original post, to give proper credit;
11. End the post in your story.
iPhone and iPad (iOS)
1. Download the Story Saver for Instagram app on your iPhone or iPad. The app is one of the few for iOS that allows you to save Stories from closed (private) profiles, as long as you follow them;
2. Open the app and go to Login, in the upper right corner of the screen, then connect to the social network;
3. Now, tap Following, at the bottom of the screen, to see the Stories of the profiles you follow;
4. To see a story in full screen, just tap on it to open it. If you want to repost, tap on the thumbnail and hold for a few seconds;
5. In the menu that opens, go to Repost to my Story;
6. Make the desired edits. It is possible to insert texts, emojis, GIFs, stickers, freehand drawing, among other options. We suggest you tag the author of the original post in order to give him proper credit;
7. End the post in Your story.
How to mention someone in your stories
As we said, when sharing someone's Story it is recommended to give credit to the profile that originally published it. Doing this is quite simple.
Before posting the photo or video, tap on the option Aa to access text features. Then type @ and, without entering a space, the profile name you want to tag. Like, for example, @kimkardashian if you want to tag the reality TV star.
As you type the name of the profile, the social network will display images of users compatible with the word in formation. When you find the one you want, tap on it.
Note that a message will appear, asking if you want to allow people you mention to add your post to their stories. If you don't want to authorize, uncheck the key on the side, which will change from blue to gray.
How to repost stories I was mentioned in
Instagram allows you to natively repost third-party stories where your profile was mentioned. However, if the person has a closed profile, only their mutual friends will be able to see this repost. If opened, everyone can view the post.
1. Open Instagram and tap on the Facebook Messenger icon at the top of the screen on the right to see your private messages;
- When your profile is tagged in a story, a private message is automatically sent notifying you about the mention;
2. Access the message that informs you that you have been tagged in a post;
3. Touch Add to your story. If you happen to want to see the post you were mentioned in first, tap on the thumbnail to open it. In the publication itself, a button is also available Add this to your story;
4. If you want, make the desired edits, such as inclusion of images, text, polls, among other available resources. In this case, it is not necessary to give credit to the original post. Instagram will automatically include the author.
5. Finish publishing on your story.
How to repost feed posts in Stories
Reposting posts from feed to stories is also a feature natively offered by Instagram. For this, the post must have been made by you or by an account with a public (open) profile.
It is worth noting that, in the case of videos, a shortcut is shared to access the feed where the movie is available. That is, it is not possible to watch it in full in your stories.
1. Open Instagram and access the post you want to repost in your story;
2. Tap on the paper plane icon, located just below the photo or video;
3. In the menu that opens, go to Add video/post to your story;
4. Make any edits you want. You can include images, polls, questions, text and all other options for stories originally created by you. Here, the credit will also be automatically assigned by Instagram;
5. tap on your story to complete the publication.
How to repost old stories
Instagram saves the stories you post to a file in the app. In it, you will find all your posts already made.
1. Open Instagram and tap on your profile picture in the lower right corner of the screen;
2. Go to the icon formed by three lines on the upper right side;
3. Access the option Archived items;
4. Then you will see your story archive. Tap on the post you want to republish;
- If you're not seeing your stories, but your feed posts, tap Publication files, at the top of the screen. A menu will then appear, where you will see the option story archive.
5. Go in Share, on the ground floor inferior da tela,
6. Make the edits you want to the publication and end the post in Your Story.
I don't have old stories in the archive. Why?
If any old story was not displayed when performing the step by step above, it is because you do not have the option activated Save to archived items in the app's settings. To trigger, open Instagram and tap on your profile picture in the bottom right corner of the screen.
Then tap on the icon formed by three lines and go to settings. Then just follow the path: Privacy → Story → Activate the key in Save story to Archived Items (if it's gray, it's off). Only stories made from activation will be stored.
- I can't post Stories on Instagram: how to solve it
- How to post photos and videos to Instagram Stories on PC