Posting videos on IGTV is simple. Depending on the size of the movie, the user can publish it through the Instagram app or website, or through the IGTV app itself. Content must be at least 60 seconds long and can be shared on the social media feed.
Check out the step by step below!
No app do Instagram
In the Instagram app, you can upload videos up to 15 minutes long.
1. Open the Instagram app on your Android smartphone or iPhone as you normally would. Then, tap on your profile picture, in the lower right corner of the screen;
2. Now, go to the icon +, at the top of the screen, on the right;
3. No menu to open, opt for IGTV video;
4. Tap on the video you want to share. Don't forget, only videos that are at least 60 seconds long are shown;
5. Confirm in Advance;
6. Now choose the cover, which is the display image for your video. You can set it by dragging your finger across the timeline at the bottom of the screen. Proceed to the next step in Advance, at the top of the screen on the right;
- If you prefer, you can choose an image available on your cell phone. tap on add from gallery ou Add from Camera Roll.
7. Now, enter the video title and, if desired, a short description;
8. If you want a preview of the video to be published on your Instagram feed, leave the switch next to the option checked post a preview;
- The preview is a maximum of 15 seconds long and square format. So, if you want to define when to end and the portion of the image that will be displayed, go to edit preview.
9. complete in Post not IGTV.
It is also possible to publish on IGTV through the web version of Instagram, accessible through the internet browser. Through the platform, the user can post videos of up to 60 minutes.
1. Open the browser of your choice and go to the Instagram Web page. If you are not logged in to your account, log in;
2. Click on your profile picture and, in the menu that opens, go to Profile;
3. Then go to the IGTV icon, next to Posts;
4. Click on the button To charge;
5. On the next screen, access the icon + to load videos hosted on your computer;
6. The cover cannot be edited from the video. If you want to change the one chosen automatically, you can use a JPG or PNG image. To do so, click Edit, below the cover image;
7. In the Details section, enter the name of the video and, if you like, a brief description;
8. If you want a preview of the video to be posted to your Instagram feed, keep the box next to post a preview;
9. Then, click Publish.
Via the IGTV app
IGTV has a dedicated app, available for Android and iPhone, where you can more easily explore videos and channels from content creators. And, of course, post your audiovisual productions of up to 60 minutes in high quality.
1. Open the IGTV app and login with your Instagram account. On the home screen, tap on the icon +, at the top right corner.
- If you are accessing the app for the first time, you may need to grant some access authorizations, such as recording photos and videos, for example.
2. IGTV allows you to record videos through the app itself. To start recording, just tap on the shutter at the bottom center of the screen. Tap again to end recording;
- You can use Stories filters on your videos recorded on IGTV. Just tap on them to activate them;
- The user can also use the smartphone's front or rear camera. To change, tap on the image of a camera with two arrows in the lower right corner of the screen.
3. Once the recording is finished, go to the arrow icon in the lower right corner of the screen;
4. If you want to add a video available in the gallery or camera roll, tap on the photo icon in the lower left corner;
5. Then, tap on the video you want to include on your IGTV. On the next screen, go to Advance;
6. Now, the process is the same, both for those who recorded the video on the spot and for those who used a file already available on their smartphone. Select the video cover by dragging your finger along the timeline at the bottom of the screen. then go to Advance;
- If you prefer, you can choose an image available on your cell phone. Tap Add from Gallery or Add from Camera Roll.
7. Then enter the title of the video and, if you want, a brief description;
8. If you want a preview of the video to be published on your Instagram feed, keep the switch next to post a preview;
- The preview is a maximum of 15 seconds long and square format. So if you want to set when to quit and select the portion of the image that will be displayed, go to edit preview;
9. complete in Publish, in the upper right corner of the screen.
Tips for creating your IGTV
One of the differentials of the videos published on IGTV is their vertical format, designed precisely for content created from the cell phone. Instagram itself gives some tips for recording your videos.
- The social network suggests that the video has a vertical resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels at 30 FPS (frames per second);
- Turn on grid or reference lines preview in camera settings. That way, it's easier to make the perfect framing;
- Pay attention to the ambient light, to avoid the video being too dark or too bright;
- Use an external microphone to capture the best quality audio;
- Take advantage of the many video editing apps available in the app stores;
- If you want to add text or caption, avoid using the top and bottom 20% of the screen. This is because, when publishing it in the feed or replicating it on other platforms, part of the content will be cut in order to adapt the image in horizontal orientation.
Why can't I post on IGTV?
If you are unable to post on IGTV, it is possible that you are not meeting any of the requirements required by Instagram. Are they:
- Duration: Must be at least 60 seconds long. In the Instagram app, it must have a maximum duration of 15 minutes. Already through Instagram Web and the IGTV app, it can reach up to 60 minutes.
- Format: MP4 files only;
- Dimensão: 9:16 if shot vertically and 16:9 if shot horizontally;
- Resolution: minimum resolution of 720 pixels at minimum frame rate of 30 FPS;
- Size: Up to 650 MB for 10-minute files and a maximum of 3,6 GB for 60-minute videos.
- How to tag someone on Instagram: story, comment, post and IGTV
- How to put a link in Instagram Stories and use the swipe up
- Apps to download Instagram videos (and stories)
- Image size for Instagram posts: from feed to IGTV