by Team AllYourVideogames | Mar 4, 2022 | News |
In 2022, slime was successful among children and adults in our country. It is a jelly-like mass that can be made of different materials. You can buy the ready-made product or create your own custom slime. Depending on the material used, you create new textures and colors to make the game more fun. In this post, you will learn how to make easy homemade slime from easy YouTube tutorials.
Slime is a sticky mass that arises from the mixture of various components. Its origin, in the 1940s, happened by accident while the American scientist James Wright was trying to create a material similar to rubber, but that was easier to mold and manipulate.
The materials used in this period were a mixture of boric acid and silicone oil, but James ended up creating a slightly sticky mass that didn't quite live up to what was intended. However, realizing that the result produced an addictive noise and conveyed a pleasant sensation when handled, the scientist ended up abandoning the original proposal.
About a decade later, marketing expert Peter Hodgson took James' experiment and turned the sticky recipe into a fun toy that became a rage among kids in the 1980s.
In the media, this product gained space on several platforms, from movies, series and animations to games. A great example of this are the classic slime-looking characters seen in movies like “Ghostbusters” – known in our country as “Ghostbusters” -, games like MineCraft and even animations like “Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken” – known in our country for “That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime”.
Top 9 YouTube Tutorials
Slime may seem like a simple toy, but it is more than that. It assists in child development, as it stimulates motor coordination, as well as reasoning and creativity. In addition, it is a therapeutic activity that involves moments of sharing experience, whether between family or friends.
There are countless tutorials on YouTube, ranging from slime materials: glue, shaving foam, detergent, glitter, food coloring and others. Creativity is the key to fun slime.
Know more: Pop It Toys: the 10 best to relax
How to make slime with white glue
This recipe is simple and has easy access materials. With just two steps, your slime is ready.
- 1 American cup (200 ml) of white glue
- 60 ml of liquid soap
- Glitter to taste
- In a container, superficially mix the glitter with the white glue
- Put the liquid soap next to the mixture and continue to stir until the dough comes away from your hand.
How to make slime with fabric softener
In this recipe, you will need two ingredients:
- 1 tube of isopor glue (approximately 100 g)
- Place half of the glue tube in the container
- Then gradually add the softener.
- Mix the two ingredients with the spoon until you reach the slime point.
You can also add glitter and sequins to make the dough colorful and shiny.
Know more: Youtube for kids: the 27 best channels to watch
How to make slime with detergent
Detergent is a widely used ingredient in slime recipes, as it allows the dough to stretch more. Here's how to make slime with detergent:
- 3 tablespoons of water
- 3 tablespoons of mild detergent
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 3 tablespoons white glue or colored glue
- food coloring to taste
- activator: boric water and talc
- Pour the water over the container
- Then add detergent
- Then add the sugar and mix well.
- Add the coloring of your choice and mix a little more.
- The last step is to add an activator to the mix and stir until you reach the slime point.
How to make Slime Fluffy
Fluffy slime is a fluffier mass with greater volume than other recipes, as it uses shaving foam in the composition.
- 1 teacup of white glue
- 3 cups of shaving foam
- 1 tablespoon of boricated water
- 1 tablespoon of fabric softener
- ½ of sodium bicarbonate
- food coloring powder and glitter (optional)
- Inside the container, mix the glue with the dye and glitter
- Put a part of the shaving foam and continue mixing
- The next step is to add the boricated water along with the bicarbonate of soda in the previous mixture gradually.
- When the mass is homogeneous, add the rest of the shaving foam and continue mixing.
- As soon as the dough releases from the bottom of the container, the slime is ready.
Know more: Simple Makeup: Top 5 YouTube Tutorials
How to make slime with toothpaste
For this recipe, you will only need four materials:
- 50 g of toothpaste
- 1 teaspoon salt (shallow)
- 1 tube of liquid white glue
- Activator: Borax
- In a bowl, add the entire tube of toothpaste
- Then pour the water
- With the help of a mixer or fouet, beat until the dough doubles in size.
- The next step is to add glue little by little until you reach a slime consistency. It is important to stir slowly to keep the dough fluffier.
- add the activator
- As soon as it starts to unglue from the bowl, move it to a surface and keep mixing with your hands until the dough gains the consistency of slime.
How to make slime with wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of white glue
- Activator: Antiseptic Talc
- Place the flour and water in a bowl
- Mix well until all the flour is dissolved.
- Once dissolved, bring the mixture to a boil and stir until it boils.
- After boiling, stir for another thirty seconds.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl
- Put it in the fridge and let the dough cool down.
- After cooling, incorporate the white glue into the dough. If you want to change the color of the slime, add the coloring before the glue.
- Finally, add talc little by little and mix until you form a slime texture.
How to make slime with shampoo
In addition to being shiny, slime made with shampoo also leaves a different aroma according to the fragrance of the product.
- 1 dessert spoon of neutral shampoo
- 1 dessert spoon of sugar
- A pinch of table salt
- 2 dessert spoons of water
- 3 dessert spoons (full) colored glue
- activator: boric water and talc
- Put the shampoo, sugar and salt in a container
- Mix with a spoon until a homogeneous mass is formed.
- Then add the water and mix again.
- Pour the glue, followed by a little activator
- After placing all the ingredients, stir the dough with your hands to activate the slime.
- Before playing, let the slime rest for about thirty minutes to incorporate the activator.
How to make invisible slime
Clean slime is a transparent mass, as it uses colorless ingredients in its composition. Check out how to do it:
- 4 teaspoons of clear (colorless) detergent
- a pinch of table salt
- 1 teaspoon (heaping) sugar
- 4 tablespoons (full) of styrofoam glue
- Activator: talc and boric water
- Add the detergent, salt and sugar in a bowl.
- Mix until the sugar and salt dissolve
- Soon after, add the styrofoam glue and keep mixing
- Then use the activator to stitch the slime
How to make slime with moisturizer
Making homemade slime with moisturizing cream is one of the simplest recipes, as it doesn't use activator, only ingredients you have at home.
- 1 bottle of body cream
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter at room temperature
- 8 to 12 tablespoons corn flour or cornstarch
- Start by mixing some moisturizer with the butter. It is important that it is at room temperature, as it will be easier to adhere to the moisturizer.
- After forming a homogeneous and shiny mass, add the sprinkle slowly, mixing to avoid lumps.
- Once all the flour is added, transfer the dough to a surface and finish mixing until the slime is smooth.
How to store and preserve your slime?
Now that you've learned the best recipes on how to make slime, here's how to store the toy so it lasts longer.
- Store your slime in a plastic or glass container with a lid
- Store the container in a cool, dry environment. If it's very hot in your city, you can store it in the fridge.
- Avoid leaving the dough in a sunny, stuffy and humid environment as it can harden.
Know more: Volcano Cakes: the 7 best recipes on YouTube