Enabling Instagram's night mode is quite simple. On Android, you can configure dark mode directly from the social network app. On the iPhone, you have to change the system settings to get the black look.
The feature promises battery savings and more eye comfort in low light environments. Check out how to use it!
How to Enable Instagram Dark Mode on Android
1. Open the Instagram app and tap on the profile picture in the lower right corner of the screen;
2. Then, tap on the icon formed by three lines, at the top of the screen on the right;
3. In the menu that opens, go to settings;
4. Now, choose Subject;
5. Check the box next to Dark.
- If you choose system default, Instagram will enable dark mode only when it is enabled on Android. The feature, however, only works for Android 10 users.
How to enable dark mode on Android
Those who have Android 10 installed can activate dark mode throughout the system and automatically apply it in apps that support the functionality. If you prefer to automate the procedure, just follow the steps below.
1. open the app Setting of Android;
2. Go in Fabric;
3. Activate the switch relative to the option Dark theme.
Ready! You will immediately notice that the system colors have gone dark. Thus, when opening Instagram and other compatible apps such as night mode, the layout is also darkened.
How to Enable Instagram Night Mode on iPhone
iPhone users must have the iOS 13 installed on the device so that the dark mode is activated on Instagram.
1. Go in Settings;
2. Then tap screen and brightness;
3. On the next screen, check the box for the option Dark to activate dark mode.
The system will instantly gain darker tones, as well as apps that offer the functionality, such as Instagram.
How to get Instagram out of night mode
Have you tried Instagram's dark mode and noticed that you prefer traditional? No problem. On Android, just repeat the step by step indicated above, in Subject, prefer to Clear.
On iPhone, you need to disable the system-wide dark theme. In this case, you must also redo the process explained above and in Screen and Brightness, check the box below Clara.
How to find out the system version of the cell phone
As we said, to be able to use the system's night mode, it is necessary to have Android 10 or iOS 13 installed on your device. If you don't know what version of the operating system you have installed, don't worry. shows how simple it is.
- Android: app Configure → System → Advanced. In system update, the operating system version is displayed. If you want to check if any updates are available, tap on System update. If it doesn't open, quickly double tap on the option. Automatically, the search for updates is done
- iOS: Settings → General → About. In Software version, you have the information of which one you have installed on your iPhone. When an update is available, the user is notified with an on-screen upgrade alert. General.
- How to enable WhatsApp dark mode on mobile and WhatsApp Web
- How to download Instagram photos and videos on PC and on mobile