Tired of Instagram and want to delete your account on the social network forever? The process is easy, fast and can be done from any device, through the internet browser. Despite being something simple, Instagram does not allow you to delete the account in the application itself.
1. Open the browser of your choice and access the page Delete your account. If you are not logged in, you will be redirected to the login page;
2. Select an answer to the question: Why do you want to delete (your account name)?. The user can only permanently delete the account if an answer to the question is given;
3. Enter your password;
4. Finally, just click on Permanently delete my account.
It is worth mentioning that, when you delete your account, it will not be possible to create another one with the same username or use it in another profile. Instagram gives a kind of "notice" and allows the user to regret the deletion within a period of one month.
From the date informed, it will no longer be possible to have access to the account or the data related to it. Your information, photos, videos, comments, likes and followers will be permanently removed from the social network.
How to temporarily disable Instagram
If you just want to take a break, without deleting all your content from the network, just deactivate your account temporarily. The procedure cannot be done through the app, only through Instagram Web.
1. Open the browser of your choice on your computer or smartphone and access the Instagram Web page;
2. Not cell, tap on the profile picture, located in the lower right corner of the screen. Already on the PC, click on the profile picture (top of the screen on the right) and then go to Profile;
3. At the top of the screen, go to Edit profile;
4. Then scroll to the bottom and tap Temporarily disable my account;
5. When accessing the page, you must select an answer to the question Why are you deactivating your account?;
6. Then enter your password;
7. To confirm, click Temporarily disable my account;
8. Confirm in Yes.
When you want to return to the social network, just log into your account. Upon entering, you will have access to all your data, photos, likes, comments and everything else, as if you had never deactivated the profile.
- How to temporarily disable Instagram from mobile or PC
- How to reactivate Instagram and recover account
- How to Delete Instagram Message and Conversation from PC and Mobile
- Instagram having problems and crashing: how to fix it right now