Changing the Instagram icon is now possible. The app has prepared a surprise for Android and iOS users in celebration of its 10 years of existence. Through an easter egg, as a kind of hidden trick in the application is called, 12 picture options are available.
Among them, the icons used in the pre-launch, the launch and the classics of 2022 and 2022. There are also options in shades of pink, orange, green and black and white. The LGBTQIA+ community is honored with a rainbow-colored icon to call their own.
1. Open Instagram as you normally do and tap on your profile picture in the lower right corner of the screen;
2. Then, go to the icon formed by three lines, in the upper right corner;
3. No menu to open, opt for settings;
4. Now comes the trick. Pull the screen with your fingers, from top to bottom, as if to refresh. A vertical dotted line will appear, followed by emojis. Keep pulling the screen until you see a shower of confetti;
5. On the app icon screen, you will see all available options. Tap on the one you want to use;
6. Then confirm in automatically add.
The icon, in fact, is a kind of widget and does not replace the app's original icon, which still exists. However, it gives equal access to the application and its functionalities.
Couldn't change the icon?
If you can't find the feature, the app may not be up to date. To find out if you already have the latest version of Instagram installed, you need to check your mobile app store. Check below the path for Android and iPhone.
- Android: Open the Play Store and type Instagram in the search bar to find the app. If it is not up to date, a button will appear Update. Tap on it to start the process.
- iPhone: Open the App Store and go to Updates. Then tap the button Update, which appears next to Instagram.
- How to put a link in Instagram Stories and use the swipe up
- Hidden filters and effects in Instagram Stories: here's how to find them
- How to put music in Instagram and Facebook Stories