by Team AllYourVideogames | Aug 5, 2022 | Technology |
How to call another state? If you need to call someone from your family or friends who are in another state, but you don't know how to proceed, then stay until the end of this post to check out how to make a long distance call.
Making a cell phone call is routine for most people. But it may be that calling another state is not so common in your daily life.
To make a local call, just enter the phone number.
However, if you go to another state, you must dial some specific codes to be successful, otherwise you will call, but you will not be able to complete.
Learn More: Learn how to block unwanted calls and SMS on your cell phone
How to call another state: DDD
O DDD refers to the code that is needed for Direct Distance Dialing, which you must use to make long distance calls.
For example, you live in our city and use the area code 11, but you want to call Rio Grande do Sul, so you will need to use the area code 51.
To make a call to another location you must know this number, your operator code and your landline or mobile phone number.
Below is a list of country codes of the states or our countries updated according to Anatel (National Telecommunications Agency):
- DDD 11 – our city – our city (SP)
- Area code 12 - São José dos Campos - SP
- DDD 13 – Saints – SP
- Area Code 14 - Bauru - SP
- Area code 15 - Sorocaba - SP
- Area Code 16 - Ribeirão Preto - SP
- Area code 17 - São José do Rio Preto - SP
- DDD 18 - President Prudente - SP
- Area Code 19 - Campinas - SP
- Area Code 21 - Rio de Janeiro - Rio de Janeiro (RJ)
- Area Code 22 - Campos dos Goytacazes - RJ
- Area Code 24 - Volta Redonda - RJ
- Area Code 27 – Vitória / Vila Velha – Espírito Santo (ES)
- Area Code 28 - Itapemirim Waterfall - ES
- Area code 31 – Belo Horizonte – Minas Gerais (MG)
- Area Code 32 - Juiz de Fora - MG
- Area Code 33 - Governador Valadares - MG
- Area code 34 - Uberlândia - MG
- Area code 35 - Poços de Caldas - MG
- Area code 37 - Divinopolis - MG
- Area code 38 - Montes Claros - MG
- Area Code 41 - Curitiba - Paraná (PR)
- DDD 42 - Ponta Grossa - PR
- Area code 43 - Londrina - PR
- Area Code 44 - Maringá - PR
- Area code 45 - Foz do Iguaçu - PR
- Area Code 46 – Pato Branco / Francisco Beltrão – PR
- DDD 47 – Joinville – Santa Catarina (SC)
- Area code 48 - Florianópolis - SC
- Area code 49 - Chapecó - SC
- DDD 51 – Porto Alegre – Rio Grande do Sul (RS)
- DDD 53 – Balls – RS
- Area code 54 - Caxias do Sul - RS
- DDD 55 – Santa Maria – RS
- Area code 61 – our city – Distrito Federal (DF)
- Area code 62 – Goiânia – Goiás (GO)
- Area Code 63 – Palmas – Tocantins (TO)
- DDD 64 – Rio Verde – GO
- Area Code 65 - Cuiabá - Mato Grosso (MT)
- Area Code 66 - Rondonopolis - MT
- DDD 67 - Campo Grande - Mato Grosso do Sul (MS)
- Area Code 68 - Rio Branco - Acre (AC)
- Area Code 69 – Porto Velho – Rondônia (RO)
- DDD 71 – Salvador – Bahia (BA)
- Area Code 73 - Ilhéus - BA
- Area Code 74 - Juazeiro - BA
- Area code 75 - Feira de Santana - BA
- Area Code 77 - Barriers - BA
- Area Code 79 - Aracaju - Sergipe (SE)
- DDD 81 – Recife – Pernambuco (PE)
- Area Code 82 – Maceió – Alagoas (AL)
- Area code 83 - João Pessoa - Paraíba (PB)
- DDD 84 – Natal – Rio Grande do Norte (RN)
- Area Code 85 - Fortaleza - Ceará (CE)
- Area Code 86 - Teresina - Piauí (PI)
- Area Code 87 - Petrolina - PE
- Area Code 88 - Juazeiro do Norte - CE
- DDD 89 – Peaks – PI
- Area code 91 - Belém - Pará (PA)
- Area Code 92 - Manaus - Amazonas (AM)
- Area Code 93 - Santarém - PA
- Area Code 94 - Maraba - PA
- Area Code 95 - Boa Vista - Roraima (RR)
- Area Code 96 – Macapá – Amapá (AP)
- DDD 97 – Coari – AM
- Area Code 98 – São Luís – Maranhão (MA)
- Area Code 99 - Empress - MA
If the city you want is not listed above, you can also access Anatel's website and consult the DDD list of the States of our country and municipalities available there.
Learn More: How to file a complaint with Anatel? 4 ways
Know your carrier code
To make long distance calls, you also need to know your operator's code and know the plans they offer for this type of call, so you don't end up having an extra cost.
How to call another state
There is a simple pattern in calls to another state. In addition to the area code, what changes is only the operator code. Remember to also enter the number “0”, first of all. So basically it will be:
0 + carrier code + desired region code (DDD) + phone number
How to call another state with VIVO
Who is a Vivo customer uses the code 15. For local calls, there is no need to use it. It goes like this:
0 + 15 + region area code + phone number (don't forget to put 9 before the number)
How to call another state with CLARO
If your operator is Claro, the code to be used is 21. The step by step is the same, only what will change is the operator code.
0 + 21 + area code + phone number
How to call another state with TIM
To make a long-distance call using the TIM telephone line, use the code 41.
0 + 41 + area code + phone number
How to call another state with Oi
For long distance calls, the operator Oi uses the code 31 ou 14. Both codes can be used.
0 + 31 + area code + phone number
0 + 14 + area code + phone number
How to call another state with Nextel
To call a location outside your area code with Nextel, use the prefix 99.
0 + 99 + area code + phone number
Other carrier codes
- CTBC and Algar: 12
- Sercomtel: 43
- Telecom People: 10
- Transit Telecom: 17
- Neotelecom: 64
It is worth remembering the operators that merged and use the same code, such as Vivo and GVT, Telecom and Oi and Claro/Nextel.
How to call another state to collect
“I can't call due to lack of credit. And now?"
It may be that in an emergency situation you need to call someone who is not in your state, but you don't have credit for that.
In the traditional way, we use “9090” for collect calls, but when it comes to long distance calls we use only “90” and without the “0” in front. Stays like this:
90 + operator code + area code + phone number
How to make an international call (IDD)
O IDD is the International Direct Dial code. It serves to identify the country of origin of the call. that of our country is 55.
If you want to make a call to another country it is the same principle, but you will use “00” at the beginning, then the carrier code. Then the country number, followed by the area code and phone number.
Each operator offers plans and services to be used outside the country. You can search and see what you like best.
Major country codes (DDI)
- Germany (49)
- Argentina (54)
- Australia (61)
- Bolivia (591)
- our country (55)
- Canada (1)
- USA (1)
- Chile (56)
- China (86)
- Colombia (57)
- Cuba (53)
- Ecuador (593)
- Spain (34)
- France (33)
- Italy (39)
- Paraguay (595)
- Peru (51)
- Uruguay (598)
- Venezuela (58)
It is interesting to think about how the advancement of technology has allowed us to overcome barriers, literally.
No matter where we are, we can communicate over the phone.
If we are out of the country, you can call our country and vice versa. We can even call mobile over the internet through applications such as WhatsApp.
Until recently, talking to people from other states was not so accessible. This reality began to gain strength in the 90s, despite the method having developed around the 70s.
The telephone was created in 1875 by the American scientist Alexander Graham Bell, and arrived in our country in 1877 through an order from Dom Pedro II.
There is even Telephone Day, which is celebrated on March 10, the date of the first patent made by Graham Bell.
Learn More: 5G in our country: How it will impact your life